[vc_row][vc_column][ultimate_heading main_heading=”Compulsory Acquisition” alignment=”left” margin_design_tab_text=””][/ultimate_heading][vc_column_text]Compulsory acquisition of land occurs when the government, under the powers of NSW law, acquires privately held land for a Public Purpose. The affected landowner is entitled to heads of compensation as prescribed by the law and other Disturbance items that Courts have, in particular, situations deemed to be items of compensation. Such matters are either settled by agreement of in the formal compulsory acquisition process.
At Vincent Butcher Lawyers we have nearly 20 years’ experience in dealing with hundreds of compulsory acquisition matters. We specialise in technical property law such as compulsory acquisition matters. We are able to assist and provide advice and legal representation to affected persons, businesses or entities affected by land acquisition projects. We strive to provide you all the relevant information at each stage of the process to allow you to make informed decisions.
The services we provide include, though are not limited to, the following:
- Pre-acquisition advice on your rights and obligations.
- Plain English detailed advice on the process and options available to you.
- Act for you to protect your interests so as to provide you all compensation you are entitled to at law.
- Negotiations involving the authority applying for the acquisition of land.
- Preparation of the statutory legal material to settle or progress matters as required.
- Brief experts and attend the Land and Environment Court in representing you against the Acquiring Authority.
Our role is to ensure you are well informed of your rights and options through the entire process and to protect you so as to give you all compensation you are entitled to. Vincent Butcher and his team will personally manage your case and bring two decades of experience that has assisted hundreds of clients across NSW and QLD.
Most importantly we will discuss costs with you upfront, and in most situations, we are able to defer costs until you receive your compensation. Our written retainers will fully disclose this to you so as to give you comfort on this issue.
Please feel free to reach out to us if you are affected by a compulsory acquisition project and are having your lands, rental accommodation, investment properties, rural and agricultural lands or businesses affected. Our contact details are 02 5632 4924 or by email by clicking here.
Projects we have worked on
- Westconnext stage 1,2 and 3
- North connex
- Schofields Rd widening
- Bringelly Road widening
- South East Rail Link
- Bonville Bypass
- Northern Road Upgrade
- Cross City Tunnel
- M5 East Distributor
- Randwick Hospital
- Sydney Light Rail
- Coffs Harbour Bypass
- Ballina Bypass
- Pacific Highway upgrade _ Grafton – Ballina
- Pacific Highway upgrades Coffs Harbour – Woolgoolga
- Various local government land acquisitions
- Coffs Harbour Bypass and
- To be Australian Inland Rail Project